Engagement sessions are a great way to get friends and family excited about your upcoming wedding and can also be a vital part of sending out save the dates.
Our FineLine Property
In October 2015 FineLine purchased over 20 acres of property in Greensburg PA and now offers a beautiful setting that is exclusive for FineLine customeres only! Our new property is very private and features a small lake. You may even see some deer and ducklings during your visit.
Types of Sessions & Pricing
Rates will be increasing January 1, 2019. All couples who book their wedding with FineLine by 12.31.18 will lock in current engagement session rates, even if the session is done after January 1, 2019.
IN SEASON OPTIONS (April 1 – October 31)
Standard Session @ FineLine
- 1 hour session
- View samples of past engagement sessions at our property
Standard Sessions in Downtown Greensburg
- 1 hour session
- Walking distance locations in downtown Greensburg
Standard Session On-Location
- 1 hour session
- Locations up to 20 miles from our studio ( $2.25 each additional mile )
Standard Sessions in Downtown Pittsburgh
- $350 ( additional cost covers additional travel, tolls, and parking costs )
- 1 hour session
NON-SEASON OPTIONS (November 1 – March 31)
Winter Sessions @ FINELINE
- Up to 40 minutes
- November 1 – March 31
- 30 minute session
- Photographer’s time and talent for shooting and editing
- Digital download of hi-res images (with print release document)
- Collection of web ready images, selected by photographer and watermarked, for you to post online
- Online password protected photo gallery to share with friends and family (prints can also be purchased from photo gallery if desired)
- View Fred’s Engagement Portfolio
- View Lori’s Engagement Portfolio
- View All Recent Engagement Session Blogs
Engagement Session Policies
Effective January 1, 2016 the following policies apply to our engagement session service:
- Engagement sessions are no longer pre-booked as part of a wedding photo package or along with a wedding photo package.
- Engagement sessions will be paid for seperately and due the day of the session in the form of cash or check.
- Engagement sessions can only be re-scheduled one time for non-weather related reasons.
- Our photographers are available for the following volume of engagement sessions on a monthly basis:
- January (1), February (1), March (1), April (3), May (3), June (3), July (3), August (3), September (3), October (3)
- Once a photographer is scheduled for the maximum number of shoots in a given month that month is closed.
- Engagement sessions are scheduled on a first come first serve basis. If a couple waits too long in the season to inquire and our photographers are already booked up for sessions then FINELINE may not be able to accommodate the request.
- Standard sessions are not available prior to April 1 or after October 31.
- If your desired location requires a permit, you are required to obtain this.
When to Schedule – Typically we recommend inquiring to schedule your engagement session 4-8 weeks prior to when you’d like to do your session. Keep in mind our busiest times of the year is September and October. If you’re looking to do your session during this time, we recommend contacting us AT LEAST 8-10 weeks in advance.
Where to Shoot – We will shoot in a variety of locations and can recommend areas in addition to our standard locations. Couples often have unique locations of their own such as private residences or other ideas.
Best Time of Day – During spring, summer, and autumn we typically prefer to begin the session about 90 minutes prior to sunset for ideal lighting.
Less than Ideal Weather – Chances of rain greater than 40%, wind over 10mph, or winter temperatures lower than 35 degrees are examples of less than ideal weather conditions.
When Not To Shoot Outdoors – In addition to considering our less than ideal weather conditions, once all the leaves have fallen from the trees, outdoor sessions are not suggested during winter months with the exception of days where plenty of snow is on the ground and produces a winter look. Otherwise, the landscape is just cold and gray and everything looks dead. However, if a winter look is definitely what you want, we have a specific location we use to ensure this.
Re-Scheduling – If weather looks to be uncooperative for the day we had chose or if other circumstances arise, it is no big deal to re-schedule the session. Keep in mind that during our busy months, we may be limited on how many days are still available.
What to Wear – First we always suggest to dress comfortably. It is important that you do not feel restricted in your clothes. We also recommend not dressing up too fancy for outdoor shoots to the point where you would be against such things as leaning on a tree, sitting on the ground, etc. Earth tone colors are great. Do not wear clothes that appear to be busy and distracting.
Multiple Outfits – It is OK to bring more than 1 outfit, though not required. The majority of our couples only wear one outfit, though many do bring a second outfit. There are no promises that we’ll be in an area where there is somewhere you can change in private. Sometimes couples have to change in their car.
Props – We do not bring props because we do not want everyone’s shoots to look the same. It is OK to bring props, though not required. Only thing we suggest is not to bring too many props that makes it a hassle to keep carrying a lot of props along during the shoot.
Ideas for Photos – If you have your own ideas for photos, please feel free to let us know during the shoot. Couples sometimes print off photos they found online. This is OK but not required. We do NOT re-create shots by other photographers. We’ll view what you brought as inspiration to get an idea of the types of photos you like.