Pittsburgh Wedding DJ
Professional Pittsburgh wedding DJ, DJ Luke is a full-time wedding DJ / MC here at FineLine Weddings. Since 2012, DJ Luke has entertained guests as wedding receptions as well as other family and corporate events.
Meet DJ Luke
Meet DJ Luke himself and join him as he discusses his style and goals for your event.
Check Availability & Request A Quote
DJ Packages and Pricing
- January, February, March, April, November, December
- Non-Saturday dates
Basic DJ Package – $1250
DJ Luke’s ‘Basic Package’ is a 1 person DJ package and is intended for those clients who are mainly looking for a professional DJ to play music and make the appropriate announcements.
Ideal for smaller receptions (up to 150 guests) in smaller to medium size venues. Suitable for events where less DJ interaction is desired and less coordination needed from the DJ (example: venue providing its own day-of event coordinator for you).
- DJ Luke – Our basic package is a single person DJ crew
- Up to 5 continuous hours of service – This typically covers cocktail hour plus 4 reception hours.
- Two 10″ Standard DJ Speakers – Includes two speakers suitable for events up to 150 guests.
- Basic Dance Floor Lighting – Includes set of two basic LED dance floor lights
- Digital Music Library – Our digital music library includes over 140,000 songs and is updated monthly with today’s hits. If you elect to allow your guests to make requests, we shouldn’t have any issue taking requests!
- Wireless Microphone – Enables toasts and other speeches to be conducted away from the DJ station.
- Online Planning Forms – After booking, client receives access to their online DJ planning form where they enter information for locations, times, names, events, song requests, etc. Our client planning area also have information for most requested songs, tips for event timelines, and more.
- Backup Equipment – Backup equipment includes 1 additional self-amplified speaker, 1 backup digital music drive, 1 backup laptop, 1 backup audio mixer, 1 backup wireless microphone, and backup cabling.
- Limited Add-ons – With basic package, we limit add-ons to ONE of the following options:
- 2nd system for ceremony
- 2nd system for cocktail hour
- 6 or 12 static uplights
- Up to 35 Miles Travel (70 Miles Round Trip) – For events further than 35 miles from our Greensburg office, a travel fee of $1.50 per mile will be added to account for travel to and from the event.
Standard DJ Package – $1500
DJ Luke’s ‘Standard Package’ is a 2 person crew with an upgraded sound / dance floor lighting system.
Ideal for those clients who want the DJ more involved with coordinating the flow of the evening and more suitable for medium to large venue spaces and/or guest count of 150 – 300 guests.
Package includes everything in Basic DJ Package plus:
- Assistant DJ – Two person team consisting of DJ Luke as your lead Master of Ceremonies (or MC) and your Assistant DJ.
- Read more about the benefits of a 2 person DJ crew below
- Upgraded Sound System (Bose L1 System) – This package features the Bose L1 sound system. This sleek sound system will fill your hall with high quality Bose sound. Ideal for larger spaces and higher guest count, but provides amazing quality even for smaller events.
- View video about the benefits of the Bose L1 sound system below
- Standard dance floor lighting – This package includes dance floor lighting with multiple sound activated ( move to the music ) LED lights on lighting stand.
- Entertainment Options – After booking, our wedding couples will be able to review multiple dinner-tainment and dance floor entertainment options in the client section of our site that they can decide to add to their evening. The entertainment options help provide ways to break the ice with the guests by getting them involved in the evening as well as having the DJs interact with the dance floor.
- Add-On Flexibility – Due to 2 person DJ crew, more add-ons are available such as monograms, uplights, ceremony systems, additional speakers, etc.
Service Time – $50 per half hour
[Lowest in Pittsburgh DJ market] Extending your DJ service time is $50 per half hour or $100 per hour. Service time begins when the room is to be available to your guests.
Setup Time – $25 per half hour
Additional setup time is required when the logistics of your event require your DJ crew to be setup prior to when their service time begins. The most common example of this occurs when the ceremony and reception are occurring in the exact same room and the DJ service begins after the ceremony, but the DJ must be setup before guests begin to arrive for the ceremony.
DJ Service Add-Ons
Uplighting – We offer 2 types of uplights: static and dynamic. The following prices are the discounted rates when purchased with a DJ package:
Static lights remain the same color all evening long.
- 6 Static = $150
- 12 Static = $250
- 18 Static = $325
- 24 Static = $375
Dynamic lights begin event as one color, then are able to fade colors or dance with rhythm of music once the dance floor opens up.
- 6 Dynamic = $175
- 12 Dynamic = $300
- 18 Dynamic = $400
Watch our Dynamic Uplights demo video below.
Monogram – $100 includes lighting equipment and setup. Our monogram service has the client separately purchase their physical monogram design (referred to as a Gobo) which costs approximately $79 + tax and shipping. After booking FineLine, client follows Gobo ordering instructions from client planning area of our website.
Cocktail Room System – $100 includes setup of additional speaker system in separate room from main ballroom. Music will be pre-loaded onto digital library for this system.
Additional Wireless Speakers – Some events require additional wireless speakers on opposite end of room from where the DJ is setup so guests in the back can also hear announcements. This may be needed for large halls, over 250 guests, or rooms that place the DJ at one end of the room rather than in the center.
- One wireless speaker system – $175 ($100 for 1 speaker, $75 for wireless kit)
- Two wireless speaker systems – $250 ($175 for 2 speakers, $75 for wireless kit)
Assistant – $200 for an additional assistant if execution of your event requires an additional person
Ceremony Sound Service
FineLine only offers ceremony sound for ceremonies taking place at the reception venue. We do not handle ceremonies held at a separate venue from your reception.
When a DJ is needed to perform ceremony sound, this may require extra service time, a separate ceremony sound system, or a combination of both.
Additional Time – If performing ceremony requires more service time than what is in your DJ package, the additional service time charge of $50 per half hour needed is charged. Ceremony service MUST BEGIN 30 minutes prior to the actual ceremony so background music is playing as guests begin to arrive and wait for ceremony to start. For example, if your outdoor ceremony begins at 4:00, then service time for the DJ will begin at 3:30.
Ceremony Sound System – A ceremony sound system includes speaker, 1 wireless mic for officiant, mic stand, and laptop to play prepared music for the ceremony. Cost for this system is $125.
DJ Luke Testimonials
“DJ Luke was one of the highlights of our reception. He knew exactly what song to play to keep the dance floor full all night. Working with your company was amazing. I would highly recommend FineLine to anyone for wedding services.” – Amy & Shamus
Wedding DJ FAQ
General Wedding FAQ
Do you carry liability insurance?
Yes, we carry a $1,000,000 policy and are happy to make available to your venue if required.
How far do you travel?
All of our wedding packages list the mileage included in the service. If your date requires further travel, the additional travel fee required is listed in the package.
How much is the deposit?
A minimum 15% retainer is required. If you’ve booked taxable services (photography, video, photo booth, etc). then the full 6% sales tax is required in addition to the retainer.
How far out in advance can / should we book?
We have no limit on how far out you can book. It is not uncommon for couples to book a full two years in advance. Our average booking is about 12-14 months prior to the wedding date. Saturdays from May – October fill up very quickly. September and October have become the two busiest months of the wedding season. Holiday weekends also fill up very quickly.
Can we meet our vendor before the wedding?
Absolutely. However, please understand that FineLine staff has to work all week and then work long hours on the weekends. Like most people… my staff are people. They have spouses, children, personal lives, etc. I do not require my staff to work evenings just to meet with clients. If you would like to meet your vendor we ask you respect their schedule and schedule a visit us during their regular work hours.
Do we need to meet before the wedding?
Definitely not. We understand that before the wedding you already have plenty of meetings to do. We do not require a meeting. Our minimum expectation is that you complete your planning forms and have them returned / submitted to us no later than 2 weeks before the wedding. Then before the wedding our owner will contact you to confirm everything and help finalize the planning. If you do require a meeting before the wedding, one can be scheduled at our office.
What if you get sick or die?
Unfortunately in the wedding business we do not get sick days. If we are sick we will probably do our best to work through it. If we are dead, there is a less than 1% chance we will be there. If we are physically unable to be there, we will re-staff in the case of an emergency.
The contract says I must also accept the service policies. What are service policies?
The contract outlines the general relationship, promises, and agreements between you and FineLine. However, since we provide an array of services each service carries its own policies on how we will perform that particular service and handle any issues related to that service. The service policies are considered a part of the contract.
What if you’ve never worked at our venue before?
Not a problem. We always have to work somewhere for the first time. We can adapt to any situation. If we personally feel that we need to visit the venue, we will.. but that’s our decision. If you request that we visit your venue, we do charge a fee for site visits.
Virtual Consultation Videos
DJ Luke – Part 1 – Package Options
Time length = 11:55
In this video we discuss the DJ Luke’s package options along with our add-ons.
DJ Luke – Part 2 – Online Planning Form
Time length = 20:39
In this video we dive into DJ Luke’s online planning form that you’ll fill out.
Benefits of 2 Person DJ Crew
Available with Standard DJ Package
Our ‘Standard DJ Package’ is a two-person DJ crew. This gives DJ Luke even more flexibility to be available to discuss any important details with bride & groom, parents, bridal party, reception hall staff, and your other vendors (photographer, videographer, photo booth attendee, etc.).
Your assistant DJ is there to assist DJ Luke and oversee the music and lighting. With the assistant DJ handling the responsibilities at the DJ station this essentially frees up DJ Luke to handle all of their responsibilities.
Additionally, the plan is for a member of the FineLine DJ team to always be present at the DJ station (even if one needs to use the restroom or locate the bride & groom in another room).
Benefits of Bose L1 Sound System
Available with Standard DJ Package
Spatial Dispersion Technology – Unlike traditional speakers that require higher volume to fill your room, the Bose L1 features spatial dispersion technology. What does this mean for you and your guests? WIth the Bose L1 system your music will fill the space in a more efficient manner without having to resort to excessive volume. With traditional speaker systems, DJs will often blast the music to reach further away from the DJ station which can be uncomfortable for guests seated close to the DJ station.
Pittsburgh Wedding DJ Company - Our Promise
Our wedding DJ crews will entertain your guests and keep your wedding or event running smoothly so you can relax and enjoy the evening. We make sure to cater to all audiences while also incorporating your musical tastes and overall personality.
FineLine's Pittsburgh Wedding DJ Service
Professional Pittsburgh wedding DJ serving southwest PA and beyond. We are a full-time wedding business located in Greensburg PA. Best combination of prices, service, quality, and experience.
Interested in our Pittsburgh wedding DJ service?
Contact us online with your wedding details or call us at 724-309-9096.
Affordable Wedding DJ in Pittsburgh
FineLine is known all throughout Pittsburgh for its high standards of quality, but like all our customers you will love discovering that the top wedding DJ company in Pittsburgh is also an affordable Pittsburgh DJ company! Don’t delay in contacting us to receive your quotes on wedding DJ prices.
Top Wedding DJ in Pittsburgh
For years, FineLine Weddings has been recognized as one of the top wedding DJ companies in Pittsburgh. We’ve received customer review rewards from WeddingWire and The Knot, local recognition by the Tribune Review (voted by local readers), as well as honors for professional service from other vendor sites.
Pittsburgh Wedding DJ Prices
We offer wedding DJ prices that work for most budgets, whether it is a small, intimate wedding or large downtown event. Our packages make receiving great wedding DJ service affordable.